Thursday, February 12, 2009

Working Girl: Amazing Thrift Find


Whenever I am thrifting I have to look at the labels and I always feel like I've hit the jackpot whenever I find a little Liz Claiborne from the '80s. I'm always on the hunt for a Liz Claiborne blouse, dress or suit from the era. Whenever I have it on I feel like Melanie Griffith in "Working Girl".

This era is especially precious when claiming a vintage Liz Claiborne piece. The line began in 1976 at the time when women were entering the workforce in large numbers, Liz Claiborne and her partners saw the opportunity to provide versatile, fashionable wardrobes that were appropriate for work, but still conveyed a sense of individuality and femininity.

This little dress I found at Value Village in Silver Spring is a perfect specimen of Working Girl era Liz Claiborne

This electric paisley patterned shift dress hits right above the knew. It also boasts the shoulder pads indicative of the era.

Check out the kick pleats. She means business! Head to Value Village in Silver Spring and hunt for your Liz piece.

Value Village Thrift Store
10121 New Hampshire Ave.
Silver Spring, Md 20903-1713
Phone: (301) 431-9670

No comments:

Post a Comment