Monday, January 12, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen... the BRO-och


At last night's Golden Globe Awards, Mr. H-to-the-Izzo caused quite a stir. Not just for finally walking the red carpet with his spouse, Sasha Fierce, but for sporting a smart looking brooch. When the word "brooch" comes to mind I will forever and always have the image in my mind of a church-going grandmother with a Sunday hat on and a glittery ornament on her lapel

OR even worse...Of the especially creative teachers in my elementary school who wore crazy holiday inspired brooches on their crazy holiday inspired sweaters if they felt the season permitted.

Brooches are coming full circle and are coming all the way around to men.

So for all sakes and purposes of coolness (and masculinity), Jay-Z's Golden Globe brooch will heretofore be mentioned as a BROoch because the brother was looking especially dapper in his.

2 comments:

  1. i don't think this lapel works for hov, but who's looking at him anyway. I can't stand beyonce's music but she looks good right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Bro-och could really work. But they can never become larger than what is seen here and I don't think anything colorful would work either. I'm accepting of the brooch look on professional guys because most Fraternity men easily sport lapel pins.

    ReplyDelete